Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,400 stores in 29 markets. Each year, over 5.9 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
Our legal function is comprised of approximately 60 professionals across Asia and Europe, based in 15 of the markets in which we operate. Our central legal team of 8 lawyers is based at the Group’s headquarters in Hong Kong. We are an innovative team, aligned with the goals of our business in terms of digital transformation and customer obsession.
We are looking for a Legal Operations & Knowledge Manager to join the team, and the role is very much two-fold.
The ideal candidate would be able to take complex policies and legal content, and work with our L&D team to create engaging and digestible learning content (whether that be in the form of eLearnings, webinars or other!) which are suitable to the audience, with little input needed from our lawyers. Secondly, someone who can support and project manage a range of digital operation and knowledge initiatives including workflow management, e-signature and contract automation - creating processes and practices to improve day to day efficiencies of the team.
This role may suit you if you’ve previously worked as a Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) or Knowledge Lawyer, you love tech or are curious about it and are looking to bring some creativity to your next role in-house!
A typical day in this role includes:
- Supporting the General Counsel and senior legal team members to streamline workflows, standardise procedures and optimise digitisation for the legal teams
- Overseeing the use of legal tech tools within a framework of regular tracking and reporting on usage, analysing performance and further optimisation
- Driving adoption and supporting the ongoing maintenance of legal tech tools (working with Group IT team who are responsible for day-to-day system maintenance)
- Creating engaging training guides and playbooks
- Developing online training materials to support internal compliance training for various business users
- Helping to keep our lawyers up to date
- Delivering training through multiple channels, defining the most appropriate channels for the topic, audience, and previous successes/feedback
- Implementation of contract automation – developing templates and turning them into automated documents to improve efficiencies.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy building partnerships across the business, understanding the value collaboration brings to your role
- You have developed the ability to adapt complex topics into digestible and engaging content, suitable for various audiences/business users
- You are motivated by working in a fast paced environment, with lots of variety
- You get satisfaction though supporting a team to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- You love learning new things and you will seek out information on how to solve problems or upskill yourself
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience working as a lawyer
- Experience working within legal project operations [KG(HHoL1] at a law firm or in-house
- Experience in process optimisation and integration of legal tech tools, including workflow process and contract lifecycle management
- Specific experience in implementing legal technology solutions would be beneficial. In particular:
- Thomson Reuters ‘HighQ’ workflow and matter management platform
- Thomson Reuters ‘Contract Express’ document automation tool
- E-signature tools – ‘Docusign’ or ‘Adobesign’
- Prior experience developing playbooks, contract templates and risk assessment tools
- Prior experience in developing online training materials. Experience in applications such as Captivate, Articulate Storyline or SCORM would be an advantage – but we have experts in this field!
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Strong organisational
and project management skills.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus scheme
- Investment in your development, we want to make sure you’re equipped with the skills you need
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers, including Superdrug and The Perfume Shop
- 25 days holiday with an option to buy More
- Interest free season ticket and personal loans
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to £2000 up for grabs!
- Free financial and mortgage advice from some of our partners
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply