Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S.
Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with
over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and
members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline,
including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume
Shop, and many more.
Business Development Analyst will contribute to “put a smile on our customers’ faces” and the success of A.S. Watsons by supporting the development of business solutions to the challenges the Business Units (hereafter cited as BUs) face and providing insights through data analysis and/or market research to support the development of these solutions. He/She will be supporting the Head of Department and Project Managers to develop and deliver a variety of projects to our retail BUs across Europe/Asia.
A typical day in this role includes:
You will work closely with project
manager(s) and/or the head of strategic planning & development (Europe). But
you will also have chances to work with the local BU teams depending on the projects
we engage in. You will collect and analyze data following project development,
liaising with business units to collect required data. Key stakeholders shall
be different by the projects but mostly they will be local BUs’ Analysts, Managers,
Senior managers and/or Directors.You’ll be delivering project
related analysis and/or insights using Commercial, Operational, CRM and/or Market
data. Your analysis and/or insights could be used directly or indirectly to make
business decision. While working with the clients (Local
BU teams), you’ll build a good business relationship with them by leading the analysis
or discussion and gaining their trust.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy solving business problems in fast-moving, competitive, and ambiguous market environment.
- You are good at analysing & interpreting data to create business insights.
- You get satisfaction by challenging the status quo to be able to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
What you’ll need:
- At least 3-4 years of relevant experience in retail and/or FMCG industry.
- Strong analytical, financial and numerical skills.
- Proficient use of Excel (or any other analytical tools) and understanding of basic statistical concepts
- Good communication skills, with a cultural and commercial awareness
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus scheme
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers, including Superdrug and The Perfume Shop
- 25 days holiday with an option to buy More
- Interest free season ticket and personal loans
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to £2000 up for grabs!
- Free financial and mortgage advice from some of our partners
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply