Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI Paris XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud, Watson’s and many more.
Group IT is part of A.S. Watson Group Europe. We are the IT service provider of all European business units of A.S. Watson. Every day we look for opportunities to improve our state-of-the-art systems so we can keep innovating and operate flexibly in the market. The Group IT Europe Store Technology department is responsible for all software and hardware solutions in the European business-unit of A.S. Watson. We enable the systems in both our offline and online channel stores to make our colleagues work efficiently and our customers get the perfect shopping experience. Being able to calculate complex promotions, support all payment options, introduce tablets and mobile solutions, self-checkout and electronic shelf cards…. No project is too complex or too crazy for us!
As a Store Technology System Analyst you are part of the Store Technology department. Every day we look for opportunities to improve and innovate systems. At A.S. Watson we do that ourselves: we write software ourselves with the help of international suppliers, build systems ourselves and roll them out ourselves. Your work has a real impact: everything you do can be traced back to full or empty shelves in the stores, to short or long lines at the cash registers. It gives us a huge sense of pride when after every implementation of new projects, the internal customer is satisfied and the large numbers of transactions are pumped through our systems.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Technical application management of international systems, such as Retalix StoreLine, Loyalty Pro, NCR R10 and RSIM
- Testing applications and solutions through automated testing tools such as KeyLib
- Managing various interfaces
- Converting change requests into technical specifications so that the suppliers can develop
- Guiding and facilitating the functional managers in the implementation of new applications and functionalities
- Providing support to employees in about 6000 European stores and various European offices
- Consulting and cooperating with Group IT Asia Store Technology
- Independently configure adjustments in the systems
- Writing documentation for changes in functionalities and for releases of new applications
- Create knowledge transfer documents for the local IT in Confluence
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You like to play an important role in managing and optimizing our Point-Of-Sale, store logistics system and software applications
- You understand that it’s your responsibility to keep all these systems up-to-date and state-of-the-art!
- You aim for a position where you can come up with solutions yourself and where your inquisitiveness, expertise and intellect are called upon
- You get satisfaction from working in a relatively small team, because this means you are involved in new developments and projects from start to finish
- You enjoy to have the responsibility to achieve the best results
- You are energized by daily contact with enthusiastic, professional colleagues
What you’ll need:
- You have at least a completed MBO education in the field of IT
- You have 1 to 5 years of work experience in application development or application management within a dynamic organization
- Strong experience in MS Windows environments and knowledge of MS SQL is indispensable in this position
- In our IT environment there is a high degree of complexity in processes, which is why we think it is important that you have good analytical skills and be process-oriented
- A flexible attitude: it is no problem for you to be periodically on standby in an evening or on a weekend. You will of course get a lot of freedom from us in return
- Good command of the Dutch and English language
- Finally, you are a strong communicator: is there a technical problem in one of our stores? You are able to remotely ask the question behind the question and quickly come to a solution
What you’ll get from us:
- A job at a successful international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- An informal no-nonsense atmosphere in which open communication, short lines and - last but not least - a healthy dose of humour is very important
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude, Heteren or Utrecht, but traveling within Europe is also involved
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to €1000 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply