Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI Paris XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud, Watson’s and many more. Group IT is part of A.S. Watson Group Europe. We are the IT service provider of all European business units of A.S. Watson. Every day we look for opportunities to improve our state-of-the-art systems so we can keep innovating and operate flexibly in the market.
As an IT Integration Specialist, you’ll play an important role in the integration process of software development projects. You’ll work with all our branches across Europe: including our shops, offices and logistics centers. You'll work with different Business Units in Europe, which will make this role both dynamic and challenging, but rewarding.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Analysing, building and implementing new integration solutions
- Testing and quality control
- Thinking of (and setting up) innovative middleware architecture solutions
- Continuous collaboration with the team to improve all services across IT
- Working efficiently in a self-managing agile team of middleware specialists
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working in a self-managing, agile team
- You thrive in an international environment
- You have an ambitious and result-oriented approach
- You would like to be responsible for developing real time/event driven data exchange between systems such as our eCommerce platform, POS systems and Warehouse Management Systems
- You look forward to contributing to the efficient functioning of, for example, our web shops and customer card systems;
- You can leverage your professional knowledge because you are the key link between our application administrators and other IT professionals across different markets
- You ensure that everything comes together
What you’ll need:
- At least an IT-related Bachelor or Masters degree
- A good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- An inquisitive attitude and the willingness to acquire new knowledge
- Experience with API Gateways (Kong or Oracle API Gateway) and Oracle Middleware Products (OSB, Weblogic and MFT) or similar middleware products
- Knowledge of software architecture solutions with HTTP/SOAP, REST/JSON, SFTP and familiar with JSON, XML, xQuery/XSLT
- Interested in modern integration products such as Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) and Kafka
- A pragmatic, proactive and analytical approach
- Strong communication skills
- We work with SoapUI, SVN/GIT, specification language OpenAPI (swagger), Jira, Confluence, Jenkins and Maven. Experience with these tools is a this is a plus, but not essential.
What you’ll get from us:
- A job at a successful international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- An informal no-nonsense work ethic.
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht.
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance.
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More.
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to €1000 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore.
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat,Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL.
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply