Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI Paris XL, Superdrug, Marionnaud, Watson’s and many more.
Group IT is the service provider of all European business units of A.S. Watson. Every day we look for opportunities to improve our state-of-the-art systems so we can keep innovating and operate flexibly in the market. As a Software Tester for our in-house developed ERP system, you work on a large number of different applications that support our business processes. In this role you are an extension of our development team and have an active role in the collaboration with other testers. You contribute to the quality of our software and the testing process. This makes your impact on the company very visible, as everything that you do can be traced back to full or empty shelves or the length of the lines at the cash registers in our stores.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Working closely with other testers and developers within Group IT
- Interacting closely with your stakeholders within different Business Units in Europe.
- Delivering qualitative software to Business Units, so they are able to achieve their goals.
- Detecting, analysing and reporting bugs.
- Testing various applications for functionality, integration, quality and user-friendliness in a pragmatic way.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You spot bugs from miles away!
- You enjoy making software quality visible within a complex application landscape.
- You like functional and technical challenges.
- You proactively come up with ideas to optimize workability and reliability of the applications.
- You honor existing systems, the department, work processes and organizational requirements.
- You work fast in an everchanging environment.
What you’ll need:
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree.
- TMAP and/or ISTQB (or similar) certified.
- Basic knowledge of Agile/Scrum and SQL (or willing to learn).
- Interested in the world of retail.
What you’ll get from us:
- A job at a successful international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- An informal no-nonsense work ethic.
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht.
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance plus a discount in your health insurance fee.
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More.
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore.
- Discount at the Dutch business units like Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL.
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply