You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know
our brands! We’re looking for a passionate individual to support our
international family of health & beauty retailers in Europe and Asia,
including brands such as Superdrug, Marionnaud and More.
You’ll be providing the necessary support and expertise to enable ASW Group Businesses to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their Business!
This role will report into an Assistant Manager and also support the Senior Associate team members in performing reviews and reporting on status of internal controls of ASW Group business units. Communicate ASW Group Policies and procedures to business units and assist Senior Associates in tailoring solutions to specific problems faced by the business units. You will be working as part of a team of 10 in the UK, but also work very closely with our team in Asia.
- Coordinate the preparation of Retail Operating Standards self-assessment (completed by our business units). Build the presentation for Group Management by liaising with Business Units and Senior Associates.
- Coordinate quarterly update process on status of audit findings reported by the Internal Audit Group. Build the presentation for Group Management by liaising with Business units and Senior Associates.
- Conduct regular operational and financial audits to evaluate business (including adequacy, efficiency, financial exposure and compliance thereof); finance policies and procedures; and compliance with ASW operational standards in the different business units.
- Special reviews requested by ASW Group Management or Business Units Management.
- Support on ad hoc projects, post deal projects, principally in the areas of controls and procedures (initial control environment).
- Liaise with parent company Internal Audit Group.
- Provide management assurance on the Group’s financial data.
- Perform independent testing to verify self-assessment results.
What we look for:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or alternatively part ACA/ACCA qualified
- Some previous experience in a similar role (e.g internal audit) would be desirable although we will consider candidates without this, experience in FMCG or retail sector would also be an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office, experience using flowcharting software would be an advantage
- Confident in analysing and interpreting financial statements
- The ability to communicate in any other European languages would be desirable
- Willing to travel up to 70% (in business as usual circumstances)
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply