Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
Based in Milan, eLab Technology is ASW Group digital Polo. It takes care of Omnichannel Strategy for European Brands of the group, delivering e-commerce, Mobile and in store Innovative solutions.
As a Senior Backend developer you will analyze complex topics, break them down, create technical solutions, write clean code and test it properly. You will also support the rest of the team with your experience, helping the junior on the day by day issues, as well as on the long term growth.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Design, plan, lead the development and document sets of complex stories
- Writing clean code which follows best practice
- Coaching and mentoring junior colleagues and performing code reviews
- Understanding the whole system and guiding others
- Working closely with teammates, including international based colleagues
- Working with other teams to support all phases of software development
- Quickly analyzing and fixing issues on live environments when needed
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working on an multinational and multicultural environment, with several team sparse across the globe.
- You have developed a solid technical background in the eCommerce industry, and you love working on IT
- You know you add value through your communication and organizational skills
- You are good at team working and you are keen to help people grow
- You are motivated by new challenges, working in a dynamic environment
What you’ll need:
- A degree in Information Technology or a related subject
- 3 years’ experience working in IT
- Hands-on experience in Java, Java EE and Spring Framework design & development
- Working knowledge of integration technologies like REST, SOAP, JMS
- Working knowledge of web applications and related topics (e.g., HTTP, servlet containers, session management)
- Knowledge of Versioning Control Software (Git)
- Knowledge and experience of SAP CX (aka Hybris) is a plus
- Knowledge of frontend technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of JVM internals and application performance improvement is a plus
- To be a good communicator and team player in a multinational setting
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary, benefits, clear career pathway and bonus scheme.
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to 3000 euros up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
- Ticket Lunch
- International and inclusive team based in Milan Fashion and design district
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health + monthly CSR/Team events
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply