We are looking for an Indirect Tax Manager (Europe) to join our advisory focused Group Tax team within A.S. Watson (key Business Units include Superdrug, Savers and The Perfume Shop in the UK, and Kruidvat, ICI Paris and Marionnaud in the EU). The candidate will assist the Head of Indirect Tax (Europe), the Group Tax Director (Europe) and our operating business units with a diverse portfolio of advisory, compliance, risk management and process improvement matters in connection with VAT and other indirect taxes. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and proactive VAT professional, with an excellent background in VAT advisory, VAT project management and experience or an interest in tax technology.
- As the Indirect Tax Manager (Europe), your primary role is to support and advise A.S. Watson Group as well as our European BUs in connection with relevant taxation, VAT and customs compliance issues.
- You will partner with the BUs ensure full VAT compliance, whilst seeking to mitigate the administrative and financial costs relating to VAT and indirect taxes, where possible.
- Reporting to the Head of Indirect Tax (Europe), you will also work closely with the wider Group Tax team and you will collaborate on relevant Group projects with the wider Group tax team within CK Hutchison.
- You will work with all BUs to improve core processes and controls and to fully document them within robust Tax Control Frameworks.
- Given the global trend of the digitisation of tax compliance and real-time reporting, you will work with the relevant teams to digitally transform the BUs’ core tax data, providing analysis and insight through the use of Tax Technology and software, and enhancement of the Group’s ERP system, where appropriate.
- You will provide advice and assistance with tax authority audits, inspections and appeals.
- Provide expertise and lead on specific VAT compliance matters, where required e.g. International eComm/Marketplace, BRSA, VAT liability of food/drinks, healthcare and partial exemption calculations, automation/digitalisation of reporting requirements (MTD, and equivalent)
- You will advise the local BU teams on other indirect tax matters e.g. customs classification and valuations, DSTs and ‘environmental’ taxes.
- You will forge positive business relationships with external advisors, and all internal stakeholders.
- This role will involve occasional travel within Europe.
What we look for:
- Degree holder with at least 5 years’ experience in UK VAT in-house, or in Big 4/mid-tier firm
- Technically strong, with a professional VAT qualification
- FMCG/retail experience desired but not essential
- Fluent in English, great communicator
- Experience/interest in tax technology and data analytics
- Team player and self-starter
- Excellent project management and execution skills
- Proficient IT skills
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply