As an eLab
Front-End Developer, your main responsibility is for the production,
modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces
for the A.S. Watson Group. This involves working closely with eLab designers,
in using semantic mark-up language i.e. XTMTL/CSS, to turn their static
Photoshop designs into working browser based web pages.
We’re the world’s largest Health and Beauty retailer, so you’ll be working with the likes of Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and many More!
- Update maintain and improve A.S. Watsons suite of WP Blogs
- Work with fellow Front-End developers and eLab design & UX team you will construct, modify and update Webpages, WP sites and AB tests for the Business units within A.S. Watson
- Produce custom WordPress plugins and solutions to demand
- Work closely with eLab Technology Developers to implement their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven webpages.
- Provide accurate time estimates on work and contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Discuss technical solutions with the Design Manager and provide innovative new ideas to solutions. Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and eLab as a digital specialist.
- Keep up to date with developments and latest techniques in the digital design and technical world. Share and use this knowledge to keep developing the websites to keep us ahead of our competition.
- Responsible for training and keeping the eLab designers updated on HTML, CSS and in some cases Java Script.
What we look for:
- Extensive experience with HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3 & SASS experience, plus excellent PHP and WordPress knowledge.
- Ability to hand code WordPress themes and create plugins.
- Understanding of OOPHP is desirable
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Passionate about emerging web technologies.
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as BitBucket or GitHub
- Experience building sites to at least an AA standard.
- Some experience in AJAX techniques
- Knowledge of HTML email best practice
- Good, passionate approach, and a willingness to learn and adapt
- Team player able to take briefs and develop compelling customer content working collaboratively with colleagues
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply