A.S. Watson’s overall mission is simple: to bring more to life! With your help, ASW will continue to be the fastest growing health and beauty retailer on the planet. With more than 23 markets, 16,000 stores and a portfolio of world famous brands, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most dynamic international buying teams in the retail world. ASW is looking for a talented, dynamic leader to make a dramatic impact on one of the major programmes within the health and beauty business across the EU. Our European office is based in central Zurich, Switzerland.
You are responsible for developing the commercial programme strategy for Europe and delivering the plan across the European countries where ASW operates (including Superdrug, Rossmann and Kruidvat). You engage regularly with senior leaders across EU and globally and get buy-in on plans.
You have management responsibility for the regional relationship with key branded goods suppliers to the ASW Group in Europe with the aim of driving regional sales and profitability. You will work with major international FMCG firms, working with senior executives within those businesses to build regional co-operation programs across multi-functional areas.
You are an owner and ambassador of this international partnership programme: you lead global negotiations and play a key role with the main suppliers to align on EU Agreements and contracts for the future. You recommend how to develop and improve the programme value proposition (working with other Group teams including eCommerce, big data, logistics). You continuously look for new relevant and sizeable suppliers to integrate into the programme.
A main focus will be managing the services within the international partnership programme (which could include category development, data sharing or digital initiatives), making sure these are delivered with excellence across our Business Units and to the satisfaction of our key supplier partners.
You will also work very closely with your global colleagues in Asia to ensure optimised program alignment and service delivery.
- Support and lead European negotiations with major health and beauty partners
- Ensure delivery of contracted supplier services throughout Europe
- Maintain and optimise relationships with Branded Goods suppliers
- Develop new initiatives and identify new potential partners to increase income from the partnership program
- Support the development of regional programs of co-operation on eCommerce and data sharing with key supplier partners
- Monitor sales and customer data and report clearly and timely following the reporting guidelines
- Experience in sizeable regional or global negotiations involving multiple stakeholders across countries is a must
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically, with a result-driven mentality
- Highly analytical and data driven, combined with strong commercial acumen
- Passionate self-starter, decisive, adaptable, and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Good communicator with excellent English
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years experience in retail/FMCG/eCommerce
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply