Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
Based in Milan, eLab Technology is ASW Group digital Polo. It takes care of Omnichannel Strategy for European Brands of the group, delivering e-commerce, Mobile and in store Innovative solutions.
As a Tech Lead you will be responsible of a development team, making sure that it performs according to our standards, carrying on the required technical analysis, writing clean code and testing it properly in order to meet the agreed timelines.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Organize the activities of the team and rearrange the team roles according to the changing context
- Design, plan and lead the development sets of complex stories
- Ensure team writes clean code, with good code coverage and follows the best practices of the industry
- Coach and mentor team members and perform code reviews
- Have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others
- Work tightly with the team members, also with those remotely located
- Work with other teams to support all phases that precede and follow software development
- Be ready to jump into the dirt and write complex pieces of code or fix important issues on the live environments
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working on an multinational and multicultural environment, with several team sparse across the globe.
- You get satisfaction through mentoring and teaching best guidelines / methodologies
- You have developed a solid technical background in the eCommerce industry, and you love working on IT
- You know you add value through your communication and organizational skills
- You are good at team working and you are keen to help people grow
- You are motivated by new challenges, working in a dynamic environment
What you’ll need:
- Degree in Information Technology or another related subject
- Minimum 1 year experience of working in analogous job role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in eCommerce projects
- Strong Knowledge and experience on top enterprise Ecommerce platforms (SAP CX, Oracle commerce,Salesforce commerce, IBM Websphere commerce)
- Hands-on experience in Java, Java EE and Spring Framework design and development
- Working knowledge of integration technologies like REST, SOAP, JMS
- Project management capabilities will be required
- Strong knowledge of Versioning Control Software (Git)
- Knowledge of frontend technologies is a valuable plus
- Working knowledge of web applications and related topics (eg HTTP, servlet containers, session management, caches, CDN, etc)
- Knowledge of JVM internals and application performance improvement
- Devops skills are a plus
- Retail industry experience preferred
- Fluent English and Italian
- Travel might be required
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary, benefits, bonus scheme and career pathway
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to 3000 euros up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
- Ticket Lunch
- International and inclusive team based in Milan Fashion and design district
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health + monthly
- CSR/Team events
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply