You may not have heard of us, but you will know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,300 stores in 28 markets. Each year, over 5.5 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
Based in Milan, eLab Technology is ASW Group digital Polo. It takes care of Omnichannel Strategy for European Brands of the group, delivering e-commerce, Mobile and in-store Innovative solutions.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will analyze, design, estimate, break down and develop robust and reliable pieces of complex software. You will work in team, supporting and tutoring the younger mates when needed. You will also cooperate with other professionals like Business Analysts or Digital Service in order to support the full cycle of software creation, delivery and maintenance.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Design, plan, lead development and document sets of complex stories
-Write clean code, with good code coverage and follow the best practices of the industry
- Coach and mentor more junior colleagues and perform code reviews
- Have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others
- Work tightly with her/his teammates, also with those remotely located
- Work with other teams to support all phases that precede and follow software development
- Analyze, debug and fix issues on the live environments when needed
- Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You are a good communicator and team player in a multinational setting
- You work well with others and across multinational teams
- You have an excellent attitude and enthusiasm for eCommerce and web development
- You are Result-Oriented – focused on measurement and areas to improve results.
What you’ll need:
- Degree in Information Technology or another related subject
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in IT
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial-page updates, SSR and CSR, AJAX and RESTful API
- Strong knowledge of package managers (e.g Yarn, NPM)
- Strong knowledge of CSS pre-processing platforms, (e.g. LESS and SASS)
- Strong knowledge of distributed version-control system
- Strong knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of Web design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Fluent English and Italian
What you’ll get from us:
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus scheme
Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to 3000 euros up for grabs!
A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
International and inclusive team based in Milan Fashion and design district
Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health + monthly CSR/Team events
…plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply