Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you'll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer, with over 16.000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI Paris XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud, Watson's, and many more.
A typical day in this role includes:
You start your day catching up on your emails as Asia already started their day hours before. First you tackle any immediate problems that could delay development or UAT of one of your projects. Then you continue with testing the software the development team has delivered. Working in close contact with development you are the one that makes sure only high quality software is put on UAT. Depending on the test result you might have to design follow up tickets. In the afternoon you have a session with the business unit that is already in a UAT stage, training them, helping then out with their questions. Following this session you will help with transforming business-requests to a clearly written user-journey. In spare moments you keep documentation, manuals and training material up to date.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
When you like to deliver good applications to your customer, to work closely with IT but always with the customer in you mind. You like to communicate and work together with both IT and Business users. You have affinity with technology but don’t want to be a developer. You are comfortable with days of testing, thinking outside the box to make sure nothing is overlooked that can cause trouble later. You like to think ahead: you are not just testing a delivery of a function, you are always thinking how to improve efficiently and user experience. You can place yourself in your customers mind: how will the end user use this function and does this fit the original requirement? This means you are both curious and driven.
What you'll need:
- You have a (HBO) Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, Technical or IT related disciplines. Or you have a (MBO) Post-secondary vocational education degree added with relevant experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience as a functional analyst or a comparable role preferably in a retail/ FMCG environment.
- You are able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- You communicate effectively with the business users and IT staffs and you are a natural team player with interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- You have excellent analytical, planning and presentation skills. You are capable of transforming a business-request to a clearly written user-journey.
- You communicate excellent in English both verbal and in writing.
What you'll get from us:
- A job at a successful international company, that is constantly evolving. You'll never be bored!
- An informal no-nonsense work ethic;
- Workspace at home;
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht, but traveling within Europe is also involved (depending on the circumstances);
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount on your health insurance;
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More;
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to € 1.000,00 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore;
- Discounts for you and your family from some of our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister, and ICI Paris XL;
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health;
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply