Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI Paris XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud, Watson’s and many more.
Join the Group IT Europe and help revolutionize the shopping experience across all European business units of A.S. Watson. We're constantly on the lookout for opportunities to innovate and enhance our state-of-the-art systems, ensuring we remain flexible and competitive in the fast-paced market. As part of the Group IT Europe Store Technology department, you'll play an essential role in delivering outstanding software and hardware solutions for both our online and offline stores. From complex promotion calculations to support for multiple payment options, we thrive on pushing the boundaries of what's possible with technology. Whether it's introducing tablets, mobile solutions, self-checkout, or electronic shelf cards, we're always ready for any challenge.
As a Store Technology System Engineer, your work will have a direct impact on every aspect of our customers' shopping experience, from the products on the shelves to the speed of transactions at the cash registers. Take pride in your contributions as we celebrate the satisfaction of our internal customers and the seamless operation of our high-volume systems. At A.S. Watson, we're dedicated to improving and innovating every day, and we're looking for passionate individuals to join us in shaping the future of retail technology.
A typical day in this role includes:
Looking for a role that offers exciting challenges and opportunities for professional growth? As a member of our team, your typical day will be packed with a diverse range of activities, including:
- Helping with the technical development and management of our AS Watson Store Operational Platform, a platform that's brand new and still in development
- Managing and coordinating multiple interfaces using Microservices and Kafka, ensuring seamless communication between different parts of our platform
- Turning change requests into detailed technical specifications for our development team, ensuring the timely delivery of new features and improvements
- Guiding and supporting our functional managers in the implementation of AS Watson Store Operational Platform, helping them to optimize operations and drive business growth
- Collaborating closely with our Group IT Asia Store Technology team and our Global IT development team in China, sharing best practices and driving innovation
- Configuring and testing system adjustments independently, ensuring that all systems are running at peak efficiency
- Creating clear and concise knowledge transfer documents for local IT teams using Confluence, facilitating smooth communication and knowledge sharing across the organization.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
If you are seeking a role where you can make a significant impact on managing and maintaining our AS Watson Store Operational Platform, then this opportunity is perfect for you.
- You understand the importance of keeping systems up-to-date and innovative, and are driven to deliver the best possible solutions.
- You thrive in an environment where your inquisitiveness, expertise, and intellect are challenged, and you can come up with creative solutions on your own.
- You enjoy being a part of a small team that values your contribution, and you take pride in seeing new projects through from start to finish.
- Responsibility motivates you, and you are energized by collaborating with enthusiastic and professional colleagues every day.
What you’ll need:
- You hold an MBO/HBO degree in IT or a related field
- You have at least 1-5 years of experience in application development or management in a fast-paced and dynamic (retail) organization
- You have developer skills and aspire to become an all-around platform expert, with technical maintenance, design, support and implementation skills
- Our IT environment is complex, which is why you need to have excellent analytical skills and a process-oriented mindset
- Experience with mobile computing and the iOnic development framework is a plus, but we'll provide you with internal training and coaching to help you build these skills.
- You're fluent in both Dutch and English.
What you’ll get from us:
- A job at a successful international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- An informal no-nonsense atmosphere in which open communication, short lines and a healthy dose of humor is very important
- You will be based at our office in Heteren but traveling within Europe is also involved
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to € 1.000,- up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply