Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,400 stores in 29 markets. Each year, over 5.9 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
DataLab is the Analytical and Commercial Team within AS Watson Retail. The role of DataLab is to provide support to our Brands; Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and others across Europe (known as our Business Units) in building a Data Driven Culture to use the power of data for retail decisions. Through insight and analytics DataLab forms Commercial CRM strategies to help Business Units drive positive performance.
Do you have a knack of turning complex requirements into simple visualisations? Are you passionate about bringing data to life, always interested in how to innovate? Good! This role will give you the responsibility to design, develop and implement solutions using Tableau's Business Intelligence tools to deliver information in an exciting way to end consumers across Asia and Europe (internal and external suppliers).
You will be highly motivated to push next generation analytics into mainstream reporting. This role challenges existing formatted reports with new self-service solutions. Solutions will range from executive dashboards to operational analytics where you will build reports to engage users with powerful, high-speed visual solutions.
A typical day in this role includes:
• Working with the DataLab team in Europe and Asia alongside stakeholders from our business units to develop and maintain server-based reports in Tableau.
• Working with IT teams to ensure the right data structure is in place for the reports to be created and more importantly that the user experience is to a high standard.
• Creating visually high-quality reports in Tableau which are easy to navigate through from an end user experience.
• Keeping project stakeholders up to date with delivery ensuring that the key delivery for targets are met.
• Supporting the DataLab team on adhoc analysis required for stakeholders when necessary.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
You have advanced Tableau Desktop with an awareness of Tableau Server (preferred) and can:
• Perform calculations, Table Calculations and Level of Detail
Expressions - Including calculations across disparate sources, table
calculation functions, nested level of detail expressions
• Connect Multiple Data Sources and Data Restructuring - Including joins, data blending, or unions to display data from multiple tables.
• Use parameters - Including dynamic reference lines, Top N based on a table calculation, actions to change visualization types on a dashboard.
• Use dashboards, actions & present - Use actions to highlight, filter across disparate sources and to navigate to other dashboards; consider the flow and audience of the dashboard for ease of use; use story points to guide a user.
• Use visual best practices - Use colour, fonts and sizes efficiently and consistently, minimize cognitive load, clearly communicate insights or answers through chart types and decisions.
• Format tooltips, remove non-data ink, include descriptive dashboard and worksheet titles and sub-titles.
• You have experience in Visualisation of Tableau reports.
• You have experience of using SQL (SQL Developer a bonus).
• You have experience of python a bonus, but a desire to learn new skills essential.
• You have experience in working with large (multi-million row) data sets.
What You'll Need:
• Strong analytical (numerical) skills with understanding of retail market regarded as a strong advantage.
• Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders and comfortable with forming good relationships with these stakeholders.
• Excellent attitude and enthusiasm for making a difference.
What you’ll get from us:
• Competitive salary, benefits, and bonus scheme.
• The opportunity for hybrid working.
• Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers, including Superdrug and The Perfume Shop.
• 25 days holiday with an option to buy More.
• Interest free season ticket and personal loans.
• Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to £2000 up for grabs!
• Free financial and mortgage advice from some of our partners.
• A fantastic learning and development offering to explore.
• Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health.
• …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply