Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI Paris XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud, Watson’s and many more.
Group IT is part of A.S. Watson Group Europe. We are the IT service provider of all European business units of A.S. Watson. Every day we look for opportunities to improve our state-of-the-art systems so we can keep innovating and operate flexibly in the market. For the ETL department at our head office in Renswoude, we are looking for reinforcements. We design, build and roll-out our systems. You will work with applications that are built on the latest Oracle techniques. We work mainly with Oracle Data Integrator.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Designing and building ETL processes, including big Datawarehouse environments
- Solving integration issues within our IT landscape
- Performing preventive and corrective maintenance, both functional and technical
- Solving production failures, whereby you periodically participate in 24/7 support
- Supporting in creation and tuning Oracle queries
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working via the Spotify Model in a dynamic (multidisciplinary) Scrum team
- You like to be involved from start to finish in new developments and projects and operational management
- You have a sharp analytical insight
- You know you add value by a proactive approach
- You are flexible and pragmatic
- You understand the world of retail
What you’ll need:
- You have significant experience In the field of data warehouses and ETL processes in an Oracle environment
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree, for example in Business Informatics
- You have strong communication skills and because of the international character you have a good command of the English language
- You worked with BI tools such as Business Objects and Tableau
- You will have working knowledge with ETL tools, preferably ODI and experience in Oracle DB environments
What you’ll get from us:
- A job at a successful international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- A position in which you can come up with solutions yourself and in which your professional knowledge, creativity and intellect are called upon
- An informal no-nonsense work ethic.
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance.
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More.
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to €1000 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore.
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL.
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply