Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
DataLab is the Analytical and CRM team within A.S. Watson Group. The role of DataLab is to provide support to our brands in building a data driven culture to use the power of data for retail decisions. Through insight and analytics, DataLab forms commercial CRM strategies to help Business Units drive positive performance.
This role will give you the opportunity to use data science techniques across multiple European ASW businesses, but also assist with other analytical tasks as needed. There is a lot of scope within this role to learn on the job and improve the skills you already have with continual exposure to new coding, methodologies, and systems. You will be highly motivated to keep on top of deadlines, manage expectation and develop close working relationships with many stakeholders.
A typical day in this role includes:
• Working with teammates to develop new/adapt existing methodologies to solve business questions that impact retailers within the A.S. Watson Group.
• Update and/or run existing code to refresh ongoing data science projects.
• Work on non data science analytical tasks as needed by the business.
• Provide data science and analytics expertise and guidance by working in day to day collaboration with our BUs using data & analytics to make decisions about their CRM programs.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
• You understand the importance of knowing the why, as well as the what.
• You are organised, detail orientated and able to manage your time effectively.
• Are you passionate about bringing data to life, always interested in how to interpret numerical data?
• You enjoy working as part of a team and with wide variety of client businesses.
• You are good at problem solving and translating briefs into strong results.
• You have great attention to detail.
• You get satisfaction from learning new skills.
What you’ll need:
• Experience of using Data tools – must have used Python and experience in SQL or PLSQL would be an advantage.
• Experience in building Models (Regression / Trees) with clustering (K Means / Hierarchical / K Medoids) a bonus.
• Experience in working with large relational databases.
• Ability to manage your own time effectively and seek out efficiencies where possible.
• Strong analytical (numerical) skills with understanding of retail market regarded as a strong advantage.
• Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders, comfortable with forming good relationships with these stakeholders.
• Excellent attitude and enthusiasm for making a difference.
• At least 1 years’ experience using Python and data science in a professional capacity.
• Academic qualification in mathematical subject, with data science qualification a bonus.
What you’ll get from us:
• Competitive salary, benefits and bonus scheme
• Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers, including Superdrug and The Perfume Shop
• 25 days holiday with an option to buy More
• Interest free season ticket and personal loans
• Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to £2000 up for grabs!
• Free financial and mortgage advice from some of our partners
• A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
• Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
• …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply