Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,300 stores in 29 markets. Each year, over 5.9 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Rossman, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
For us in The Group People Development Team understanding the talent marketplace is critical to ensuring we develop activities that engage our colleagues, drive internal succession, and ensure everyone has the opportunity to achieve their career goals.
You will be part of the European Group Learning and Development Team reporting to the A.S. Watson Group Learning and Talent Director (Europe). Our primary role is to support A.S. Watson Group Functions as well as our European Business Units (BUs) with a diverse portfolio of employee experience activities.
This is a green-field role for you to build and grow, with many projects, challenges, and opportunities, both now and on the horizon.
A typical day in this role may include:
- Driving the Sustainability agenda within the Group Function Europe, and supporting the BUs to deliver theirs through sharing best practice and thought leadership.
- Delivering a comprehensive wellbeing strategy for colleagues at all levels within Group, and acting as an internal subject matter expert to support similar activities within BUs.
- Taking responsibility for the employer brand, ensuring it captures the essence of our organisation and acts as a magnet for new talent.
- Representing Group People EU on various Global L&D / OD initiatives that are created to engage and develop talent across all Group Functions and Eu BUs.
- Owning the EU colleague engagement survey, partnering with BUs and Group People Ops teams to ensure a successful initiative.
- Building and maintaining a mid to long term colleague engagement strategy, ensuring we are always at the leading edge of current thinking.
- Designing and cascading an integrated employee onboarding programme that delivers a sense of belonging to all colleagues.
- Designing communication plans which positively impact the employee experience. Ensure our approaches to communications provide all employees with a voice.
- Develop a wide reaching DE&I framework that is embraced by all BUs and Group Functions.
- Ensure that diversity agendas are successfully implemented across all Group Functions (Europe) and partner with BUs to support the cascade of best practice. Ensure we maintain a robust leading edge DE&I capability.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
• You enjoy supporting others to be the best they can be
• You are an experienced project manager who can easily work with multiple stakeholders
• You can navigate through a variety of different cultures, tailoring your approach to ensure maximum understanding and engagement .
• You are a curious learner who is constantly exploring both internal and external best practice to identify new and innovate approaches.
• You get satisfaction through helping teams find solutions to organisational development challenges. You will be an excellent communicator and accomplished presenter.
• You’ll champion DE&I activities to ensure every colleague has a positive and rewarding relationship with the organisation.
What you’ll need:
• You have a proven and hands-on track record of getting into the detail and delivering successful people projects
• Project management experience, including driving Steering Committee work, managing project teams and group decision-making.
• Change management experience in large scale human transformation initiatives.
• Strong communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written, in a multicultural environment where various stakeholders are using English as a second language.
• Team player and self-starter with a positive outlook.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and ready to take on responsibilities with minimal supervision.
What you’ll get from us:
• Competitive salary, benefits, and bonus scheme.
• A fantastic learning and development offering to explore.
• Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers, including Superdrug and The Perfume Shop.
• 25 days holiday with an option to buy more.
• Interest free season ticket and personal loans.
• Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to £2000 up for grabs!
• Free financial and mortgage advice from some of our partners.
• Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
…plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply