Would you like to join our global IT department and help strengthen the IT landscape for our retail business units? Are you willing to dive into IT technology to develop solutions in a modern Oracle environment? In that case, we'd love to come in touch with you regarding the role of Oracle Apex Developer!
Who are we:
You may not have heard of us, but you'll know our brands! A.S.
Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer, with
over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and
members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline,
including Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI PARIS XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud,
Watson's and many more.
As Oracle Apex Developer, you are responsible for the professionalization and development of Oracle environments of our European business units (stores, offices, and warehouses). The majority of our applications used in our business units are developed in Oracle APEX in combination with PL/SQL. You'll work within Group IT in the ERP department, which has multiple teams. For example, teams responsible for trade systems, supply chain systems, finance systems and data warehouse systems. The teams are working in an Agile way to be as flexible as possible in a dynamic retail environment.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Development of our customized Oracle applications for our European business units;
- Taking part in all relevant Agile ceremonies with your team;
- Examination and introduction of new techniques and developments (innovations) to enhance user experience;
- Thinking about processes and advising product owners and stakeholders based on your role as a specialist.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You can work at a fast pace in an everchanging environment;
- You like to work with state-of-the-art systems that are capable of handling the rapid changes in the retail market;
- You are enthusiastic about joining our search for ways to improve and develop our IT landscape;
- You want to be part of an IT department that develops its own software, builds its systems, and deploys them themselves;
- You want your job to make a difference: everything you do affects full or empty shelves in the stores and shorter or longer cues at the cash desks;
- You like working using Agile methodology;
- You don't mind being on standby every two months for one week to do 2nd line support.
(1st of support is outsourced and solves most of the issues independently)
What you'll need:
- You have preferably completed a bachelor's or master's degree in the IT field;
- You have experience in developing customized Oracle applications;
- You have knowledge of APEX, CSS, JQuery en PL/SQL. Do you also know about performance tuning? That would be a big plus;
- You bring strong analytical and communicative skills;
- Since you'll be working for the European business units, it is essential that you bring excellent English language skills, besides your Dutch language skill;
- You have an innovative and flexible mindset, allowing you to respond fast and effectively with the right solution in unexpected situations.
What you'll get from us:
- A job at a successful international company that is constantly evolving. You'll never be bored!
- An informal no-nonsense work ethic: results matter, but the same goes for mutual respect and a pleasant work environment;
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht;
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance;
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy more;
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to €1000 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore;
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL;
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health;
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply