Who we are:
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI PARIS XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud, Watson’s and many more.
As a retailer, it is essential that all networks and servers run smoothly and that they kept up to date, in order for us to serve our customers and be responsive to everchanging market conditions. Our two main datacenters are located in Amsterdam and London. As an IT Infrastructure Engineer within the Group IT department, you work within the Infrastructure team of 8 people. You guide IT infrastructure developments and processes from start to finish. You are responsible for the installation, maintenance and optimization of the IT systems within all our European business units. Do you bring excellent skills and do you want to work with the latest technologies in virtualization and storage in a modern and challenging IT environment? Than this might be your next exciting step in your career!
A typical day in this role includes:
- Proactively maintaining and controlling the IT infrastructure: you will monitor LAN, WAN and servers (VMware, Windows and Linux)
- Solving disruptions quickly and adequately and keeping our systems up to date
- Installing new systems and providing 3rd grade user support once the system has been deployed
- Tracking and testing new developments regarding IT Infrastructure: in the rapidly changing world of IT, new trends, applications and techniques keep emerging
- Participating in multi-disciplinary IT projects, where your expertise and technical input are of great value
- Every day, you will search for opportunities to improve and innovate our systems and you advise our IT Infrastructure Team leader by suggesting your ideas for improvements
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You are customer- focused and aim for the highest result
- You can't sit still and you are proactive: you will not wait for the challenges to find you
- Sudden changes do not upset you, but challenge you to quickly find your way
- You determine your own course and know how to make independent decisions
- You are able to distillate the real question at hand and you can communicate your message clearly
- You are no stranger to challenging organizations and systems. Experience has learned you that a small changes can have major consequences
- You can dive into the details and at the same time continue to see the big picture
What you'll need:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a comparable position within the field of network and server management and optimization
- Experience with VMware and Windows servers and O365 is a big plus
- Of course you have solid knowledge of complex LANs/WANs (Cisco ACI / Cisco Meraki) and WLANs and Firewalls (Fortinet / Palo Alto)
- You have solid knowledge of routing protocols like OSPF and BGP
- Our IT environment is characterized by a high degree of complexity in processes, and therefore it is important to have strong analytical and process skills
- Because you are in touch with your IT colleagues and users throughout Europe regularly, your Dutch and English language skills (both speaking and writing) are excellent.
What you'll get from us:
- A job at a successful international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- An informal no-nonsense work ethic: results matter, but the same goes for mutual respect and a pleasant work environment
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht or Heteren
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to €1000 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply