The Commercial Analyst will sit across multiple teams within Group Head Office’s Strategic Projects (GSP) department to promote a customer-focused, value-oriented, and data-driven decision-making culture across 30+ Asia Pacific & Europe BUs. Sitting across data and the business, this opportunity is well-suited for analytical, dynamic, fast-paced individual keen to develop an impactful career in Retail.
A typical day in this Role:
- Deliver ad-hoc project-based work and analysis across multiple teams e.g., CRM, Big Data, Data Science, and Market Research.
- Spearhead tool adoption across a range of topics (e.g., Space Planning, Promotions).
- Provide direction, training, and on-going support and performance tracking to Business Units on key data-driven strategic initiatives.
- Gather and translate business requirements into GSP product development.
- Generate commercial reports/updates across APAC to monitor COVID impact and identify trends and opportunities
This job is a good fit for You if:
- You are a Problem Solver - You make decisions based on evidence-based opinions. When you do something new, you seek to understand as much as possible and don’t jump in but conduct your due diligence and plan for moving forward.
- You are a Communicator - You have an ability to pick up on people’s underlying motivations and these insights make them persuasive and inspiring communicators. You are natural mediators who understand diverse perspectives and you value a positive, and inclusive environment.
- You are a Big Picture Thinker - You focus on the big picture and are big fans of brainstorming and collaborative idea generation. You stay up to date on trends and are always open to new possibilities.
- You are a Connector - You are focused on creating connections between people, and connections between ideas. You forge deep relationships beyond networking or teamwork. You will find ways to avoid confrontation by employing skillful collaboration.
- You are a Change Champion - You love imagining what could be and don’t hesitate to challenge the status quo. You are good at producing original ideas and are very comfortable with ambiguity. You are highly adaptable to change, work quickly and always bring the fun.
Success will depend on:
- Analytical mindset & Commercial awareness.
- Office 365 - especially Excel & PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills with Business-level English.
- Dynamic & comfortable with flexibility of project-based work.
- Desirable: SQL, Python, & Data Visualization experience e.g., (Tableau, Power BI).
- Desirable: Previous Retail and/or FMCG experience •Desirable: Cantonese & Mandarin language.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply