Assist project manager to drive global supply chain improvement initiatives, uphold operational compliance and provide support to BUs to ensure full benefits are returned from the investment in warehouse technologies and optimization processes.
A typical day in this Role:
- Assist project manager and work with Group/BU functions to drive projects related to supply chain improvements e.g. deployment of Group standard solutions, enhancement of WMS/eCommerce systems, global tenders etc.
- Assist to document and reinforce best practice/SOP to uphold compliance to Retail Operating Standards in the areas of Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Follow up on poor performing businesses/suppliers and assist to improve KPIs through process reviews, retraining and reinforcement of best practice.
- Contribute to supply chain strategic planning by means of network analysis & layout design.
- Maintain good contact with BUs supply chain to ensure status of deployments, change requests and application suite updates are recorded and that all priority areas are being addressed.
This job is a good fit for You if:
- You are Commander - They take the initiative and tend to start discussions and move groups into new areas of exploration, towards the goal. They like to be in charge but can operate as part of a team. Either way their interactions will be positive and meaningful.
- You are Problem Solver - They make decisions based on evidence-based opinions. When they do something new, they seek to understand as much as possible and don’t jump in but conduct their due diligence and plan for moving forward.
- You are Communicator - They have an ability to pick up on people’s underlying motivations and these insights make them persuasive and inspiring communicators. They are natural mediators who understand diverse perspectives and they value a positive, and inclusive environment.
- You are Collaborator - They explore outside resources and develop contacts that may be helpful to the team. They are high energy and outgoing. They value diverse opinions and love to collaborate would like to have regional exposure.
Success will depend on:
- Degree holder in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Operation Management or similar disciplines.
- 2-3 years experience with a Supply Chain specialist, Logistics provider or an FMCG organization. Candidates with more exp. will be considered as Senior Supply Chain Project Specialist.
- Experience with project management, warehouse automation, warehouse/ eCommerce systems & operations an advantage. Past experience of supply chain management, business analysis, developing & conducting staff training beneficial.
- Full fluency in spoken and written Chinese & English. Fluency in Mandarin is an advantage.
- Must be prepared to travel around Asia and China on a regular basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply