The ASW Group legal function is comprised of approximately 60 professionals across Asia and Europe, based in 15 of the markets in which we operate. Brands we support include Watsons, Kruidvat, Trekpleister, Rossmann, Superdrug, Savers, Drogas, ICI PARIS XL, The Perfume Shop, PARKnSHOP, FORTRESS and Watson’s Wine, Watsons Water and Marionnaud.
ASW Group’s central legal team of 7 lawyers is based at the Group’s headquarters in Hong Kong and supports our Hong Kong business units as well as setting the strategic direction of the Group legal function and supporting in market counsel. We are an innovative team, aligned with the goals of our business in terms of digital transformation and customer obsession. The technical legal skills of the successful candidate are a given; we are looking for candidates whose attitude to customer service and delivery of legal advice sets them apart and demonstrates a real “can do” attitude and drive to enable the business to achieve its objectives. You must be confident and capable of working independently to our high standards, but you must also enjoy contributing to a team.
The culture of ASW is international, fun, caring, fast paced and dynamic. You will join a team of talented and experienced professionals and an organisation with a commitment to getting the best from our people, offering an outstanding opportunity for personal development.
A varied commercial role, supporting both A. S. Watson Group and individual business units, with a focus on Hong Kong, but scope to be involved at an international level. On a daily basis you can expect to work on:
- Managing a portfolio with over 6,000 trademarks for all A. S. Watson Group business units globally: liaising with external IP agents, managing trademark searches, applications, oppositions and invalidations, advising on registerability of proposed marks, enforcement of IP rights;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various types of commercial operational contracts (both English and Chinese), including trading agreements, NDAs, IT services agreements, software as a service, software licensing, logistics agreements, distribution agreements, adtech etc.;
- Advising on ad hoc intellectual property matters;
- Drafting and reviewing IP assignments and licensing agreements;
- Supporting and training colleagues on contracts involving IT, online marketing, digital media, social media, big data;
- Advising business units on advertising clearance.
- Qualified Hong Kong lawyer;
- Practical and commercially astute;
- Minimum 4-5 years’ PQE experience working in law firm or commercial sector;
- Experienced in intellectual property matters and other general commercial practice;
- Experienced in retail business will be an advantage;
- Experienced in a technology rich/digital environment (including adtech, digital transformation, IT; social media; big data);
- Experienced in TDO and data privacy matters will be an advantage;
- Good drafting skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Well-organized project manager and able to work under pressure;
- Willingness to train business and knowledge share with colleagues;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, Putonghua is a plus.
information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply