We are looking for a Data Science Lead to to discover valuable insights from vast amount of data that help us make smarter decisions and deliver better products and services to our customers, through applying machine learning techniques, performing statistical analysis and building high quality predictive systems integrated in our solutions.
A typical day in this Role:
- Identifying opportunities to solve business problems and drive results through big data.
- Working closely with business stakeholders, IT, vendors and other members within the Group teams to drive advanced data analytics deliverables and their commercial applications.
- Gatekeeping, validating, tracking and designing data science solutions in both vendor and internal projects.
- Bringing in best practices in advanced data analytics, predictive modeling and other development processes.
- Assisting in promoting data culture and practices in the organization.
This job is a good fit for You if:
- You are an Expert - You have in-depth knowledge of a key area and seek possible solutions through study and research. You tend to be more reserved, and they don’t need to be in charge. You work well in teams and are also comfortable working alone.
- You are a Detailer - You like to dig into the details, and you excel at minimizing risk. You deliberate fully before making decisions and will need to see all the facts before reaching a conclusion. You follow up rigorously.
- You are an Innovator - You are good at designing new solutions and tend to think in a non-linear way. You will not be constrained by the past, instead viewing challenges as opportunities to change direction and explore what's ‘new and different’.
Success will depend on:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in data science, preferably in retail industry.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or other related disciplines.
- Solid knowledge and experience in various machine learning and statistical techniques, Python, R, SQL and other data science tools.
- Proven ability to drive business results with analytics and actionable recommendations.
- Able to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Able to communicate methodologies and data insights in a clear and effective manner to different levels in the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply