We are looking for a Data Scientist to discover valuable insights from vast amount of data that help us make smarter decisions and deliver better products and services to our customers. The primary focus of the role is to design and develop data solutions and answer business questions through applying machine learning techniques, performing statistical analysis and building high quality predictive systems integrated in our solutions.
A typical day in this Role:
- Solving complex business problems by designing and implementing algorithms and models.
- Measuring and optimizing the performance of algorithms and models.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant to building advanced analytics.
- Working closely with project managers and commercial users to understand business requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Bringing in best practices in advanced data analytics, predictive modeling and other development processes.
- Assisting in promoting data culture and practices in the organization.
This job is a good fit for You if:
- You are an Expert - They have in-depth knowledge of a key area and seek possible solutions through study and research. They tend to be more reserved, and they don’t need to be in charge. They work well in teams and are also comfortable working alone.
- You are a Detailer - They like to dig into the details, and they excel at minimizing risk. They deliberate fully before making decisions and will need to see all the facts before reaching a conclusion. They follow up rigorously.
- You are an Innovator - They are good at designing new solutions and tend to think in a non-linear way. They will not be constrained by the past, instead viewing challenges as opportunities to change direction and explore what's ‘new and different’.
What we look for:
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field.
- Familiar with various data manipulation, machine learning & statistical techniques.
- Proficient in SQL, Python and R.
- Self-motivated, adaptable in a fast paced environment and with a strong sense of ownership.
- Able to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Able to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- With a good understanding of software engineering best practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply