We are looking for a Data Science Lead to manage a team of data scientists, to discover valuable insights from vast amount of data that help us make smarter decisions and deliver better products and services to our customers. The primary focus of the role is to make commercial impacts through applying machine learning techniques, performing statistical analysis and building high quality predictive systems integrated in our solutions. The incumbent will execute both strategic and tactical business transformation through big data initiatives.
A typical day in this Role:
- Leading, motivating and inspiring a team of data scientists.
- Identifying opportunities to solve business problems and drive results through big data.
- Working closely with business stakeholders, IT, vendors and other members within the Group teams to drive advanced data analytics deliverables and their commercial applications.
- Gatekeeping, validating, tracking and designing data science solutions in both vendor and internal projects.
- Bringing in best practices in advanced data analytics, predictive modeling and other development processes.
- Assisting in promoting data culture and practices in the organization.
This job is a good fit for You if:
- You love to explore Data Science solution and can integrate with our workflow.
- You have strong knowledge in SQL, Python, R and other machine learning techniques.
- You have strong leadership skill and can coach the team for maximizing the efficiency.
What we look for:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in data science or advanced analytics, preferably in retail industry.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or other related disciplines.
- Solid knowledge and experience in various machine learning and statistical techniques, Python, R, SQL and other data science tools.
- Strong business sense to comprehend and analyse business problems and needs, proven ability to drive business results with analytics and actionable recommendations.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership and adaptable in fast paced environment.
- Able to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Able to communicate methodologies and data insights in a clear and effective manner to different levels in the organization hierarchy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply