The ASW Group legal function is comprised of approximately 60 professionals across Asia and Europe, based in 15 of the markets in which we operate. Brands we support include Watsons, Kruidvat, Trekpleister, Rossmann, Superdrug, Savers, Drogas, ICI PARIS XL, The Perfume Shop, PARKnSHOP, FORTRESS and Watson’s Wine, Watsons Water and Marionnaud.
ASW Group’s central legal team of 7 lawyers is based at the Group’s headquarters in Hong Kong and supports our Hong Kong business units as well as setting the strategic direction of the Group legal function and supporting in market counsel. We are an innovative team, aligned with the goals of our business in terms of digital transformation and customer obsession. The technical legal skills of the successful candidate are a given; we are looking for candidates whose attitude to customer service and delivery of legal advice sets them apart and demonstrates a real “can do” attitude and drive to enable the business to achieve its objectives. You must be confident and capable of working independently to our high standards, but you must also enjoy contributing to a team.
The culture of ASW is international, fun, caring, fast paced and dynamic. You will join a team of talented and experienced professionals and an organisation with a commitment to getting the best from our people, offering an outstanding opportunity for personal development.
A varied role with a strong commercial focus, particularly supporting digital, IT and ecomm initiatives. This role supports our most innovative activity in the O+O arena. Reporting to a Senior Legal Counsel, supporting both A. S. Watson Group and individual business units across different jurisdictions, you can expect to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders. On a daily basis you may work on the following:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various types of commercial operational contracts, including, NDAs, IT services agreements, payment services agreements, software as a service, software licensing, distribution, logistics, financial services, adtech/digital marketing, tenders and partnerships;
- Advising on JV arrangements;
- Special projects, corporate structuring and financing;
- Liaising with other legal team members in various markets.
- Qualified Hong Kong lawyer;
- Practical and commercially astute;
- Minimum 6-7 years’ PQE experience working in law firm or commercial sector.
- Experience in retail or other consumer facing business will be an advantage;
- Experience in a technology rich/digital environment (including adtech, digital transformation, IT; social media; big data);
- Experience in data privacy matters will be an advantage;
- Corporate/finance experience will be an advantage;
- Good drafting skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work across the organisation at different levels and geographical locations;
- Well-organized project manager and able to work under pressure;
- Willingness to train business colleagues and knowledge share with your team;
- An interest in legal operations;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Good command of Cantonese an advantage;
- Mandarin written and oral proficiency useful but not a pre-requisite.
information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply