As a member of the A.S. Watson Group (“Group”) Legal function and part of the Group Privacy office, this role’s main responsibility is supporting A.S. Watson Group (Asian) companies in their personal data privacy compliance and ensuring that such businesses are aligned to the Group’s Personal data framework and data privacy guidelines & local legal regulations.
The role is responsible for corporate compliance activities including, but not limited to, the development, improvement, planning and execution of the privacy compliance strategy, controls assessment and documentation. This role will also be accountable for designing and delivering processes and procedures that aim to successfully embed privacy within the business. This role will report to the Head of Regulatory and will work closely with the Group Data Protection Officer (GDPO) and other Group and Group business units’ stakeholders as well as our European based colleagues.
This role will also support on company-wide initiatives and special projects that impact the business operations of our Asian business and assist on innovative solutions to our e-commerce and Big Data teams. This role incorporates both advisory and compliance implementation skills whilst providing privacy reviews of dynamic new technology for a market leading retailer in its global operations.
- Support the GDPO and Group Privacy Office with providing day to day privacy guidance to the Asian business units.
- Support or review privacy impact analysis and undertake data protection impact assessments with the IT Security Manager for systems, applications or projects processing personal data.
- Support the GDPO to establish, maintain and monitor corporate policies.
- Support the review and drafting of relevant policies.
- Assist the Legal Team to conduct due diligence around the data privacy and security measures processors in the safeguarding of personal data.
- Administration of software used to manage DPIAs and Records of Processing Activities.
- Support the GDPO with AS Watson’s company-wide training and data privacy awareness program.
- Support the Group Privacy Office to establish and maintain a self-assessment framework to assess and monitor Group compliance with applicable data protection controls.
- Be a point of contact for the team of Privacy Champions across multiple Asian jurisdictions.
- Support the embedding of key processes to manage privacy risks across the ASW Asian business units.
- Ensure creation of, and maintenance of record keeping (inventories data subject access requests registers, personal data breach registers and log of queries to DPO, both within the Group and relevant business units).
- Assist in monitoring regulatory developments regarding data protection regulators and assessing their impact on our Asian businesses.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO FULFIL THIS POSITION?
- Minimum of three years in a data protection role.
- If legal qualified, then common law and Singaporean or Hong Kong law with 2-5 years post qualification experience desirable.
- Accreditation in CIMP/CIPP-E desirable (or similar qualification).
- Experience with supporting the implementation of a privacy programme.
- Experience with implementing Governance, Risk and Compliance solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work across the organisation at all levels, and geographical locations.
- A positive attitude with an eagerness to learn and develop professional knowledge.
information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply