As Development Manager, you will be the ultimate technical responsible person in eLab building eCommerce systems on top of SAP Hybris.
A typical day in this Role:
- Lead one or several teams, coordinating their activities and guaranteeing the consistency and the quality of their approach and delivery.
- Responsible for the technical and professional growth of the team members. Provide support to team members on day-to-day development activities.
- Cooperate with other professionals like Solution Architect or Business Analysts, discuss on the design of new pieces in the eCommerce systems and guarantee the quality of the technical solutions
- Plan for team resources and activates, re-arrange team roles according to the changing context
- Design, plan and lead the development sets of complex stories
- Ensure teams write clean code, with good code coverage and follow the best practices of the industry
- Coach and mentor team members and perform code reviews
- Have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others
- Support Solution Architect in defining the best solutions to implement
- Work tightly with the team members, also with those remotely located
- Work with other teams to support all phases that precede and follow software development
- Be ready to jump into the dirt and write complex pieces of code or fix important issues on the live environments
This job is a good fit for You if:
- You are enthusiastic about eCommerce & digital solutions
- You have strong track records in System Development
- You are good in leading team of technical developers
What we look for:
- Degree in Information Technology or another related subject
- Minimum 2 year experience of working in analogous job role
- Minimum 6 years’ experience of working in eCommerce projects
- Strong Knowledge and experience on SAP Hybris
- Hands-on experience in Java, Java EE and Spring Framework design and development
- Working knowledge of integration technologies like REST, SOAP, JMS
- Project management capabilities will be required
- Strong knowledge of Versioning Control Software (Git)
- Knowledge of frontend technologies is a valuable plus
- Strong knowledge of web applications and related topics (eg HTTP, servlet containers, session management caches, CDN, etc)
- Knowledge of JVM internals and application performance improvement
- Devops skills are a plus
- Experience with collaboration software (like Jira) is a plus
- Experience in Retail industry is preferred
- Excellent communicator in both Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin) &English, and team player in a multinational setting.
- Ability to work well with others and across multinational teams
- Travel might be required
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The information provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used only for consideration of your application for relevant/ similar posts within the A.S. Watson Group.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply