A fantastic opportunity for a result-driven individual, to join our International Buying team based in Zurich in a brand-new role with a strong focus on developing our business through exclusive brand sourcing. We’re looking for somebody whose passion, leadership and expertise in Project Management and Marketing/Sales, will help shape the future of A.S. Watson – the biggest Health & Beauty retailer in the world.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- As part of a multicultural team of 5 you’ll be responsible for developing and managing suppliers’ and BUs’ expectations & relationships, including coordination of commercial activities and service delivery in accordance with department KPIs.
- Using your experience in sourcing, purchasing, negotiating and planning
- Recognising & coming up with proposals of possible business deals by contacting potential partners, understanding their needs and proposing products/ solutions aligned to client requirements and arising opportunities across local markets
- Building annual strategy, managing daily enquiries about product/range sourcing, availability, exclusivity, pricing, MOQ (minimum order qty), logistics arrangements, product sampling, etc.
- Identifying trendsetter ideas by researching Beauty & Health related fairs, publications, and announcements
- Following the latest retail industry developments and staying up-to-date with the competition
- Developing and conducting regular business reviews by visiting our markets
- Liaising with multicultural teams in 16 countries
- Delivering projects on time in collaboration with the broader team based in Hong Kong
- You have a University degree in business or similar discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Business Development role, ideally in retail, H&B or FMCG, international company
- Proficient in both written and spoken English. Any other European language will be an advantage
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- You’re proactive, structured, result-oriented, able to multi-task and able to work under pressure
- You’re an excellent problem solver with great questioning and analytical skills, positive attitude driven to achieve business results
- You’re able to build relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels with a positive and professional attitude and a high degree of cultural sensitivity
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply