The IT Engineer will work as a part of End User Computing (EUC) team, to setup, monitor and support the end user computing environment for AS Watson Group across Asia. The role is responsible to implement and contribute to EUC strategies, standards, policies and planning to enable the best user experience and customer satisfaction. In this ever-changing cloud, internet first world having the passion, willingness and eagerness to learn new technology is a critical aspect of this position. Understanding that users want to use any device and access data, anywhere, anytime in a secure manner is a key fundamental.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, establish process automation, modify systems to meet new security requirements, participate in architecture and design of new and existing systems.
- Work closely with users and business units to plan and implement EUC technology solutions that achieve great outcomes to meet business requirements.
- Manage vendors and services providers for solution planning, project deliverables and technical support activities.
- Provide 3rd level support for the 2nd level desktop support team for unresolvable incidents.
- Architect and design the continuous evolvement of the standard operating environment of desktop and laptop PCs with hardware manufacturers utilizing Microsoft’s latest advancements transitioning from domain to Azure joined devices.
- Ability to script using tools such as PowerShell to make general administrative changes of environments such as Active Directory and Office 365 more efficient and automated where possible.
- Evaluate and recommend technology required to support workplace productivity.
- Management of documentation of all systems, applications and security changes, upgrades and new implementations related to EUC.
- Configure and maintain secure EUC solutions that meet IT audit requirements and various other standards i.e. PCI.
- Ensure the reliability and availability of EUC solutions to meet advertised SLAs.
- Ensure stress/load tests are conducted successfully across on premise and cloud networks before launching new services to business units.
- Acquire all technical knowledge and implementation details of projects by third parties to ensure internal support is viable after production launch.
- Ensure quality technical documents are delivered by business partner(s) during implementation period to facilitate future maintenance work.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues found in production and non-production environments.
- Data backup management, scheduling and reporting for relevant business systems.
- Build and deploy virtualized servers both in on premise and public cloud data centers.
- Specify standards for End User Computing platforms and solutions.
- Degree holder in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline
- Strong previous work experience on Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Mobile Device Management, Desktop/Server Virtualization Infrastructure, storage management and support.
- Solid experience in managing: Office 365, Azure Active Directory, PowerShell, ADFS, SCCM, DNS, SMTP, Azure, HyperV, VMWare, MFA & SAML/SSO.
- Office 365 SharePoint Online, Teams and OneDrive for Business experience highly regarded.
- Alternative public cloud SaaS, PasS and IaaS experience highly regarded.
- Good knowledge of enterprise Ethernet, VLANs, QOS, routing, switching and IP addressing is an advantage.
- MCSE, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ITSM, COBIT certification, or similar qualifications is a definite advantage.
- Good team player and self-starter to work with minimum supervision.
- Good problem solving, systematic work approach and communication skills in English are required.
- Familiar with managing external vendors, IT support operations, and able to communicate with users across all levels.
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions, such as business-related crises.
- Strong oral communication and written communication skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, Putonghua is an advantage.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply