The position will be responsible for managing data & AI projects from inception through kick-off and into deployment between A.S.Watson Group system teams and external solution vendors.
- Manage project milestones, deliverables, tasks, schedules and project-related reporting requests
- Manage expectations of project stakeholders and project team members through Project Charter and regular, formal status update meetings
- Lead cross-functional, geographically dispersed, virtual project members on the assigned Big Data Projects
- Proactively manage risks, issues and tasks to break down barriers and get decisions made to ensure project is completed on time with high quality
- Organize communications and presentations related to project progress and risks for project stakeholders and executives
- Implement change management tools and processes in the projects
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the team; implement best practices; and, improve methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or, Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems
- Min. 8 years of experience managing projects with demonstrated success in leading complex, cross-functional projects from planning through deployment
- Strong understanding of Big Data tools and solutions with a balance of customer facing skills and broad technical concepts
- Must be a strong communicator with a high level of written and verbal business communication skill, preferably with multi-cultural, multi-regional project management experience
- Experience with integration projects (API, ETL)
- Understand the concepts machine learning and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with Big Data, machine learning, R, Tableau, Python, distributed computing, Cloud Computing (MS Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Fluency in English and Cantonese (written/ spoken); Basic Communication in Mandarin preferred
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Project Manager.