What is DataLab
DataLab is the Analytical and Commercial Team within A.S. Watson Group. The role of DataLab is to provide support to our Brands; Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and others across Europe (known as our Business Units) in building a Data Driven Culture to use the power of data for retail decisions. Through insight and analytics DataLab forms Commercial CRM strategies to help Business Units drive positive performance.
Aim of the role
Are you interested in data and wondered what companies report on when they look at their customers? Are you organised, detail orientated and able to manage your time effectively? Are you passionate about bringing data to life, always interested in how to interpret numerical data? Good! This role will give you the responsibility to manage the delivery of reporting to internal and external stakeholders. You will be highly motivated to keep on top of deadlines, manage expectation and develop close working relationships with many stakeholders.
- Analyse customer activities and find actionable insights and recommendations
- Support the DataLab team on further analysis that will be required for stakeholders when necessary
- Producing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports which for each of the 19 markets we serve in Europe. Reports are either generated in Business Objects, Tableau or via SQL Developer and then visualised in Excel / PowerPoint
- Responsible for production of standard reports to our external suppliers across the Health and Beauty and Luxury Markets as part of their agreement with AS Watson
- Ensuring reporting is delivered to schedule and to a high standard
- Be the point of contact should questions arise about reports, ensuring correct interpretation for all recipients, both internal and external
Skills & Experience required
- 2+ years’ experience of using Data Mining tools such as SQL Developer
- Experience in Business Objects / Tableau would be an advantage
- Experience in working with large relational databases
- Ability to manage your own time effectively and seek out efficiencies where possible
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders, and comfortable with developing good relationships with these stakeholders