What is DataLab
DataLab is the Analytical and Commercial Team within AS Watson Retail. The role of DataLab is to provide support to our Brands; Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and others across Europe (known as our Business Units) in building a Data Driven Culture to use the power of data for retail decisions. Through insight and analytics DataLab forms Commercial CRM strategies to help Business Units drive positive performance.
Aim of the role
DataLab Intelligence is the Analytical Team within A.S. Watson Group. The role of DataLab is to provide support to our Brands; Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and others across Europe (known as our Business Units) in building a Data Driven Culture to use the power of data for retail decisions.
Are you passionate about bringing data to life, always interested in how to interpret numerical data? Good! This role will give you the opportunity to influence how advanced analytics is used across European ASW businesses.
- Be the advanced analytics champion and data owner of the retail business units in Europe.
- Lead a team of Data Insight Analysts & Data Scientists and collaborate with DataLab Asia to create and deliver best-in-class customer analytics solutions.
- Drive communication and enrichment activities internally to advocate customer centric change and adopt business insights in day-to-day decision making.
- Lead the design and development of data visualization dashboards to automate insights for business users.
- Apply algorithms and data models to solve business problems across different aspects of retail operations.
- Manage and retain a strong, centralized team to execute analytics, insight and technology strategy.
- Foster a positive, supportive and high integrity work environment for the Global team.
Skills & Experience required
- Proven track record of leading a data analytics team, preferably in a multi-national retail or consulting environment.
- 5-8 years of hands-on industry experience in large data analytics, with at least 2 years of people management.
- Working knowledge of common analytics tools including Tableau, Excel, SQL, R, Python & Google Analytics etc.
- Experience of Big Data environment (e.g. Azure, Hadoop, Spark) would be an advantage.
- Demonstrating a strong analytical mind and ability to deliver the value of customer insights to executives and key business stakeholders.
- Experience in guiding analytics and technology roadmap in cross-geographical corporations is a definite plus.
- Team builder with demonstrated capability of managing, motivating and developing a team.