DataLab is the Analytical and Commercial Team within A.S. Watson Group. The role of DataLab is to provide support to our Brands; Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and others across Europe (known as our Business Units) in building a Data Driven Culture to use the power of data for retail decisions. Through insight and analytics DataLab forms Commercial CRM strategies to help Business Units drive positive performance.
Aim of the role
Are you interested in data science and wondered what tools retail businesses use to improve the experience of their customers? Are you organised, detail orientated and able to manage your time effectively? Are you passionate about bringing data to life, always interested in how to interpret numerical data? Good! This role will give you the opportunity to influence how data science is used across European ASW businesses.
You will be highly motivated to keep on top of deadlines, manage expectation and develop close working relationships with many stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, ensuring an excellent customer experience through data science tools that you build
- Be the data science pioneer – advise colleagues across the business on the most appropriate tools use to answer business questions
- Provide data science and analytics expertise and guidance by working in day to day collaboration with out BUs using data & analytics to make decisions about their CRM programs
- Support the DataLab team on further analysis that will be required for stakeholders when necessary
Skills & Experience required
- Experience of using Data Tools – must have used SQL and experience in using R/Python
- Experience in building Models (Regression / Trees), Clustering (K Means / Hierarchical / K Medoids)
- Experience in working with large relational databases
- Ability to manage your own time effectively and seek out efficiencies where possible
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders, and comfortable with developing good relationships with these stakeholders