The Data Visualization Analyst is an active participant in all phases of the Tableau project lifecycle and will be required to work closely with a variety of internal and external business stakeholders to ensure that all business requirements are met.
This position will also translate business inputs and utilize best practice design techniques to deliver data visualizations and reporting on Tableau.
An ideal candidate for this role must be able to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Analyze business requirements (e.g., functional and technical requirements, information need, business processes) by conducting information-gathering sessions with business stakeholders, analyzing the information and prioritizing the requirements to gain understanding of the business needs.
- Create and build data visualizations and reports based on underlying data models to support business requirements - gain understanding of how the business truly operates and leverages information to drive insights through information.
- Develop logical data models based on business requirements in order to determine the completeness of the information and process components
- Develop testing, implementation, data conversion or application support strategies in conjunction with technical, architecture, and data teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or, Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems.
- Proven work experience in building data visualizations and end user reporting utilizing tools specially with Tableau.
- Ability to gather business requirements (e.g., functional and technical requirements, information need, business processes) by conducting information-gathering sessions with the business, analyzing the information and prioritizing the requirements to gain understanding of the business needs.
- Experience creating and refining conceptual alternatives, technology design and blueprint to address business needs.
- Experience planning and executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and training with business users.
- Knowledge in using requirement management tools.
- Experience in Agile\DevOps project methodology.