Providing the necessary support and expertise to enable A.S. Watson businesses to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their business.
You’ll be performing reviews and report on status of internal controls of A.S. Watson Group business units such as Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and more!
Lead in establishing and rolling out the Group’s policies and procedures and operating standards, as well as tailoring solutions to specific problems faced by the businesses.
You will have scope to work on all facets of commercial/operational business, whilst collaborating with a variety of departments and functions. You’ll develop strong working relationships with stakeholders and have the ability to influence and present to a variety of stakeholders throughout the business.
The role will involve approximately 70% travel across Europe and within the UK.
- Commercial and financial reviews to determine the nature of each business’ internal control environment. Work with management to support and advise in the development and implementation of effective, practical and cost-effective solutions
- Conduct regular operational and financial audits to evaluate business (including adequacy, efficiency, financial exposure and compliance thereof); finance policies and procedures; and compliance with ASW operational standards in the different business units.
- Provide advice and assurance to Group and line management on key strategic decisions (e.g.: on mergers and acquisitions, disposal of businesses, major projects) and reduce financial and operational risks focusing on highest value areas (margins, supplier funding and inventory)
- Special reviews requested by ASW Group Management or Business Unit Management, including support on ad hoc projects, post deal projects, principally in the areas of controls and procedures (initial control environment)
- Develop, analyse and prepare large amounts of data in reporting document required by the Group management on internal control activity
- Provide Business Units with the necessary support and expertise to enable them to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their operational standards. Liaise with parent company Internal Audit Group to collaborate and exchange ideas
- Provide training and development to Business Units to continuously improve business controls support the preparation of Retail Operating Standards self-assessment (completed by our businesses)
- Fully qualified/ Part qualified accountant with experience in external/internal audit, preferably with experience within retail/FMCG sector or Big 4. Experience in FMCG/retail, internal audit & COSO risk assessment would be advantageous
- Familiarity with IFRS/IAS accounting standards
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office and flowcharting software in particular)
- Able to work independently with limited on-site supervision, ability to self-organise and manage workload
- Great project management and execution skills, demonstrate a strong analytical mind and ability to deliver output from analysis with strong presentations
- Creative problem solver – able to demonstrate an eagerness to understand other’s point of view (but unafraid to speak up when required)
- Very high standard of English, both written and spoken. Other European languages an advantage
- Willing to travel up to 70%
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply