As an integral part of the
A.S. Watson Group Legal Team, reporting to the Group General Counsel, the
Senior Group Legal Counsel has responsibility for various corporate and
commercial matters across the A.S. Watson Group. The remit is global, covering A.S. Watson’s
businesses across Europe and Asia. A.S.
Watson is an O+O retailer and as such, the legal team must be competent to
advise in the context of deployment of technology, digital transformation,
retail and distribution.
The Senior Group Legal
Counsel is responsible for corporate and commercial matters within the A. S.
Watson Group, including M&A, structuring, financing, and Group lead
strategic commercial projects. The
commercial project aspects of the role demand that the successful candidate has
an excellent understanding of operational, as well as corporate matters within
the A. S. Watson Group, superb project management skills and the drive to see
projects through to completion. This
exciting aspect of the role is also highly demanding, requiring an ability to
apply fresh and innovative thinking to innovative business models.
In addition, the
successful candidate will play a key role in managing and supporting in-country
counsel in various jurisdictions in which the Group operates. This involves supervising and providing
guidance on significant operational matters, as well as enforcing Group policy
and driving excellence across the teams. The successful candidate will need to develop an awareness of the legal
framework within which our local counsel operate and be able to support and
advise within the scope of that framework, whilst ensuring consistent
application of Group policies and standards.
The successful candidate
will be highly commercial in approach, used to executing cross border
transactions and operating in an international environment. The Senior Group Legal
Counsel must be able to manage stakeholders at all levels and across different
jurisdictions with sensitivity and credibility, as well as being committed to driving
all matters to timely completion.
As technology and digital
innovation plays an increasingly important role in both the delivery of legal
services and the growth of our business globally, the successful candidate must
be willing to embrace and harness technology in the workplace and experience in
advising on IT related projects would be advantageous.
As a senior leader within
the Legal Team, the successful candidate will be happy to take part in and lead
team initiatives and is expected to encourage, support and develop other team
members to reach their full potential.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Strategic Projects
- Commercial contracts
- Ad-hoc commercial advisory support to business units and local legal teams
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and legally qualified from an accredited university / college
- At least 10+ years PQE with international law firm or in-house multinational
- Solid experience of dealing with corporate and commercial matters, gained in an international environment
- Retail or FMCG experience advantageous
- IT advisory and negotiation experience advantageous
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a creative thinker
- Practical, commercially astute
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across the organisation at all levels and geographical locations
- Technology literate
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and inspiring style
- Able to works independently but contributes to the team
- Culturally sensitive
- Fluent written and oral skills in both English and Chinese
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply