What is DataLab
DataLab is the Analytical and Commercial Team within A.S. Watson Group (Europe). The role of DataLab is to provide support to our Brands; Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and others across Europe (known as our Business Units) in building a Data Driven Culture to use the power of data for retail decisions. Through insight and analytics DataLab forms Commercial CRM strategies to help Business Units drive positive performance.
Aim of the role
Are you interested in data and wondered what tools retail businesses use to improve the experience of their customers? Are you organised, detail orientated and able to manage your time effectively? Are you passionate about bringing data to life, always interested in how to interpret numerical data? Good! This role will give you the opportunity to influence how data science is used across European ASW businesses.
You will be highly motivated to keep on top of deadlines, manage expectation and develop close working relationships with many stakeholders.
- Analyse customer activities and find actionable insights and recommendations
- Set the bar for measurement of marketing activities and define success metrics and reporting methods for our Business Units
- Understand customer’s needs and frame our CRM programs to exceed customers’ expectations
- Provide analytics expertise and guidance by working in day to day collaboration with our BUs using data & analytics to make decisions about their CRM programs
- Support senior management on analysis where required, be able to work efficiently and to a consistently high standard in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for the development of more junior members of the team, helping them with their development plans and prioritisation of work.
Skills & Experience required
- Experience of using Data Mining Tools – must have used SQL
- Experience in Business Objects / Tableau would be an advantage
- Experience in working with large relational databases
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain technical insights to a non-technical audience at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders, and comfortable with developing good relationships with these stakeholders
- Experience in retail analytics would be an advantage
- Experience in line management/mentoring of junior analysts.