What is DataLab
DataLab is the Analytical and Commercial Team within AS Watson Retail. The role of DataLab is to provide support to our Brands; Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud and others across Europe (known as our Business Units) in building a Data Driven Culture to use the power of data for retail decisions. Through insight and analytics DataLab forms Commercial CRM strategies to help Business Units drive positive performance.
Aim of the role
Are you interested in data and wondered what tools retail businesses use to improve the experience of their customers? Are you organised, detail orientated and able to manage your time effectively? Are you passionate about bringing data to life, always interested in how to interpret numerical data? Good! This role will give you the opportunity to influence how data science is used across European ASW businesses.
You will be highly motivated to keep on top of deadlines, manage expectation and develop close working relationships with many stakeholders.
In addition you will be responsible for the development of more junior members of the team, helping them with their development plans and prioritisation of work.
- Provide Advanced SQL (PL SQL coding) support for the team in the development of datasets for Tableau Dashboard
- Analyse customer activities and find actionable insights and recommendations
- Work closely with IT team to ensure performance of SQL coding is optimised
- Support in the transition to Cloud Based Big Data Platform
- Support senior management on analysis where required, be able to work efficiently and complete analysis within short timelines
Skills & Experience required
- Experience of using Data Mining Tools – must have used SQL (PL SQL an advantage)
- Use of Hive / Spark systems would be an advantage
- Experience in working with large relational databases
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain technical insights to a non-technical audience at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders, and comfortable with developing good relationships with these stakeholders
- Experience in retail analytics would be an advantage
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply